- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys are sexually abused by their 18th birthday
- Only 1 in 10 ever have the courage to tell anyone about their abuse, average age of disclosure is 40
- 93% of child sexual abuse is perpetrated by someone the child loves & trusts
- There are 42 million reported survivors in the US. The prevalence of childhood sexual abuse and its life-long health consequences represents a public health crisis and is pandemic.
- The state of Georgia has unfortunately now garnered the dubious title as a hub for child sex trafficking.
- Our country’s stand against child sexual abuse is tragically vague and unclear, with no clear strategy for combating this pandemic.
- Childhood sexual abuse impacts the victim’s emotional and physical health over their entire lifetime.
The Adverse Childhood Experiences Study (ACE Study) is a research study conducted by the American health maintenance organization Kaiser Permanente and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Participants were recruited tothe study between 1995 and 1997 and have been in long-term follow up for health outcomes The study has demonstrated an association of adverse childhood experiences(ACES) and healing and social problems as an adult.